On finishing putting together the contents of my resource folder, I have sent off the folder and a short survey to several teachers to beta test my product and see whether I am on the right track, or if I’m not then what I need to do make it suit the needs of the audience.
In my folder so far, using the market research of existing resource folders and the opinions of these, there is:
The actual folder, branded with the graphics developed by myself and a graphics designer.
A letter and faq (2) for the teacher, offering a brief insight into the product and clearing up any possible concerns they may have.
An example lesson plan to put my resource into context.
And a DVD of a demo and screenshots of the software, including prompt cards as a visual guide.
The questions that I have asked my focus group are:
Using the responses that I receive, I will continue to develop this idea accordingly to the wants and needs of my audience, the teachers.