Day twenty-two- Editing photographs and film for The Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Park

Posted on Updated on

Having photoshopped the pictures for the Jan Foundation, edited the sounds for Lightweaver Productions and my own radio drama using Audition and edited together archival footage for a musician I used all of these skills that I have learnt over the last couple of months and put together a mix of them all in a video of the media pieces that I sourced yesterday at the newly rebranded ‘Birmingham Wildlife Conservation park’.

Using Photoshop I edited my favourite pictures, as there were so many which I wanted to use this time a simple auto tone was often enough to polish the photographs to a professional standard within the time frame that I had set myself. For some pictures, where there was glare from the lens for example, adjusting the layers was a more complex but efficient way to correct this. Zooming up closer on the photographs was a good way of overcoming the problem of fiddly editing and a shaky hand.

Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 14.22.39 Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 14.12.52 Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 13.27.46 Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 13.15.59 Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 13.07.39

 

 

 

 

 

 

Having collected all of the edits into a folder, I put them together into a slide show using Picaso and exported it as a movie file. Having searched the internet for royalty free music which I felt reflected the feel of the piece, using premiere pro I fitted the visuals to this music. Editing in time in a similar way that I used with editing together the music video.

Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 02.07.23

 

Unfortunately I did not capture a great deal of film which is something which I have learnt for the next time I undertake a similar project. Using the footage, after importing it into Photoshop meant that I could break down each shot individually and convert any clear shots that I liked into a still image. This is something that I only realised after playing around and a technique I will definitely use again. If I had bought a tripod with me and left it to record so that I could browse through the photographs later I may well have had some interesting resorts. With the footage that I did have, the photographs and the screen captures from the film I put all of these media types together into a final film using trusty old premiere pro. I really feel that my competence in using in professional standard software is improving, as I have been able to do this in a short space of time and to what I feel is a high level.

In order to determine my competence truly as a wildlife photographer I have emailed the owners of the park to see if they would like any of my edited photographs or film to use in publicity for their websites etc. Whilst I wait for a reply the exchange of publicity for me too has made me think about how I can build up a reputation and a portfolio in this way, even if the park are not interested then this is a way of sourcing work which I will persist with. Whatever happens I am developing my skills constantly.

To sell my pictures, this is the film that I put together for them to make a decision upon whether this is something which they would be interested in.

 

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s