I was given this award a while ago from the lovely Meera Darji, whom I shall pop her link to her blog at the bottom which is very much worth checking out. So now I’ve finally got round to it here are the rules to this one:
1. Tell 10 epic and/or awesome facts about yourself.
2. Pass it on to 10 bloggers you think are awesome and/or epic – or both.
So I’m not sure how epic my facts will be but I shall give it a shot,
- I am currently writing a series of books for children about a monkey and his best friend Ned, which I am hoping to get published one day.
- I am waiting for a decision on the exclusive rights to turn one of my favourite childhood books into a short film. More info coming soon.
- I am working towards gaining my teachers award in dance so that I can put people through the same suffering (joke, I’m not that much of a sadist)
- I own a piano , electric and acoustic guitar, a ukelele, bongo drums, harmonica and a recorder (never understood the significance in making children learn the recorder in school and education) which I love playing casually and singing along to my ‘special’ songs I make up when I’m bored.
- I went to see Mika live a few years ago and he genuinely gave me a little cheeky wink. Yes girls be jealous.
- I am a mahoosive fan of the Director and Producer Tim Burton and as of my holiday a few weeks ago when I watched the slightly dissapointing ‘Dark Shadows’ I’ve now seen all of his films. I’ve forgiven him for DS and I think my films will always be partly inspired by him.
- I tend to dream the basis of many of my scripts for example the man inside. Which is one of my proudest achievements in screenwriting
- Since starting university I’ve started to really enjoy photography. I’ve been shortlisted in a global competition on ViewBug for four weeks running so fingers crossed. If you ever want to have a butchers at my profile with the link in my sidebar that would be epically awesome.
- My favourite colour at the moment is purple but then again I am colourblind.
- I don’t consider myself to be a hippy and I believe everybody has there right to believe whatever they want but I am personally very passionate about the world and how we look after it. I’ve been a veggie for about 9 years partly for this reason and love it!
So there is my attempt at being epically awesome.
And now for some properly epically awesome blogs to check out.
Firstly Meera who sent me this award
Natasha who is incredibly hard working and inspires me alot.
Mike who is uber talented and a genuinely lovely guy I’ve been privileged to direct.
Tim who is a natural blogger who I always look forward to hearing from
Mr Rumsey is alot more fun than your average blogger
Actually does what it says on the tin
Interesting blog and a nice guy
I’m slowly working my way through the list of 1001 films to see before you die.
Quirky blogger and put up with my sleepy ramblings the night before and after the shoot of ‘Once Bitten Twice Shy”. Big respect to you.
Last but definitely not least
Thats all folks!
Thank you for all my lovely followers and these awesome awards 🙂
So for some mind-boggling reason my blog has been considered worthy of the Best Moment Award. It goes without saying how truly grateful I am and I will put the award on my blog with pride so thank you Natasha Harmer . Your support has always meant a lot to me and I really look forward to being your assistant director in Once Bitten, Twice Shy. I am truly honoured.
The award is for:
Awarding the people who live in the moment,
The noble who write and capture the best in life,
The bold who reminded us what really mattered –
Savoring the experience of quality time.
The rules for this award are as follows:
Winners repost this completely with their acceptance speech. This speech may be written or video taped (vlogged)
Winners have the privilege of awarding the next recipients. The re-post should have a new set of people/blogs that are worthy of this award and then you have to tell the new folks that you’ve chosen.
I’m not going to lie I have had many a daydream wondering what I would say if by some amazing chance I got to give an acceptance speech. It’s probably a bit sad but at least I’m honest. I know it’s not quite a BAFTA but for me it means a lot knowing there is some positivity that comes out of what I do and I do enjoy it. Little achievements like this are what keeps me going. It’s not always been easy but I am really lucky to be surrounded by so many people who keep me going. My boyfriend and my best friend you are amazing I don’t know how I could ever thank you enough for your support and understanding when I’ve had to devote many many hours to my filmmaking but I am truly grateful. I’m also really grateful for the people who helped me bring The man inside to life. That script really meant a lot to me and you all gave it justice through every minute you each committed to it and I actually couldn’t have been more proud looking back at what we achieved. Finally I want to thank the people who told me I wouldn’t get anywhere in the media. You only make me more determined.
Because of The Man inside, probably my happiest moment in my film career which I will never forget, I am going to nominate the people who made it just that. Thank you for your valued commitment and as always friendship.
So I’ve just received two Dragon’s Loyalty awards off the equally loveable Meera Darji and Natasha Harmer for this very blog. Those who have seen the award on the side of my blog may be wondering what exactly it entails. I didn’t know myself before I was awarded but had seen it on other blogs that it is a hybrid of the versatile blogger award’ and the ‘very inspiring blogger award’ neither of which I’d ever consider myself worthy ; I’m really very happy to have been given the privilege and to know people are enjoying what I enjoy. Check out their blogs by the way they are both genuinely utterly brilliant bloggers of whom inspire me greatly.
Okey-dokey so here our the rules to receiving this award.
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
So on to the deserving bloggers of my choice. I’m only relatively new to blogging but here are 15 blogs which I am particularly fond of. Not sure if its cheating putting the two in that gave me the award but of course I’m fond of them!
1. Films and things – Natasha Harmer http://natashaharmeryear1.wordpress.com
2. Film. Media . Photography . Reviews. – Meera Darji http://meeradarjiyr1.wordpress.com
3. Love & Politics – Shani James Khan – http://firstiamshani.wordpress.com
4. Michael Bradley – Time Traveler – http://mbtimetraveler.com
5.Bucket list publications – Lesley Carter – http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com
6. Film hipster – http://filmhipster.com
7. Garbage – http://britlane7.wordpress.com
8. Moolta blog – http://moolta.wordpress.com
9. Charlie Smith-McMahon’s Blog – http://charliesmithmcmahon.wordpress.com
10. Anthems on Anthems – Anita Abbasi – http://anitaabbasi.wordpress.com
11.Trang Tran photography – http://trangtranphotography.wordpress.com
12. Novella oracle – http://novellaoracle.wordpress.com
13. Media – Rebecca Lee-Peace- http://rebeccaleepeaceyr1.wordpress.com
14. Wordthingys – http://wordthingys.wordpress.com
Okay and now for the tricky bit. Here goes seven hopefully interesting facts about me :
1. I have a strange obsession with decaying buildings and there back stories. It’s called ‘Urbex apparently.’ I know it’s probably cheating but check out http://talkurbex.com if you’re interested it’s like my idea of paradise.
2. I started doing ballet , tap and freestyle when I was two and I’m still addicted. Oh yeah and I once did pointe work on an unknowingly broken foot. Ouchy times.
3. I am of the 0.5% of colour-blind women. People always ask me what colour things are and it amuses me because I dare you to say that to a blind person!
4. I play the piano , electric and acoustic guitar , the ukulele and I sing. Albeit pretty badly but I enjoy it. Had a few recorder lessons too but then so has everyone right? Never known why schools do that.
5. I’ve played everything from A texas Dorothy from the wizard of oz to a bush and a jelly baby on stage when I used to be into acting. I’m quite happy directing though now.
6. I really want a pet monkey. No seriously. I need my own zoo or something.
7. I collect penguins. Not real ones but just penguin-y stuffs like bookmarks, cuddlies and pens. I got to stand a few feet away from the worlds oldest penguin on holiday in Paignton, Devon and it was rather epic.
If you have some time definitely take a peek at some of the blogs I mentioned if you have good taste theres no reason why you won’t love them.